The following upper arm pain stretches are the exercises you should perform to alleviate pain, strengthen muscles, and reduce inflammation:
- In a sitting or standing position, cup your elbow with the opposite hand.
- Lift the elbow and pull it across the chest without rotating your body.
- Hold for 30 seconds, feeling the tension in your shoulder.
- Remove hold and relax, then repeat with the next arm.
- Continue this for ten repetitions, each arm.
- In a sitting or standing position, lift one arm up above your head and bend it so you reach towards your back, behind your head.