These 10 natural steps to control blood sugar will also improve blood pressure and help protect you from circulation and artery diseases.
1. Exercise for 30+ minutes a day. Physical activity helps control blood sugar, your sensitivity to insulin and is important for healthy weight management. Include both aerobic exercise and weight training.
2. Eat a healthy low glycemic diet. High glycemic carbs that move sugar rapidly into the blood are the main culprits for both hypoglycemia and diabetes. A healthy low glycemic diet is the answer.
3. Get plenty of high fiber foods. Fiber helps keep blood sugar levels steady and decreases heart disease risk. Get at least 30 to 40 grams of high fiber daily from the healthy list of high fiber foods.
4. Switch to 100% whole grains. Studies show whole grains reduce diabetes risk and help maintain healthy blood sugar levels.
5. Avoid high blood sugar foods. Replace all refined carbohydrates with healthy carbohydrates and limit caffeine and alcohol, which both interfere with your body’s ability to normalize blood sugar levels.
6. Eat good fat and avoid bad fats. Follow a heart healthy diet that’s low in saturated and trans food fat and high in omega 3 fish oil.
7. Have 4 to 6 small meals a day. Eating small mini-meals frequently on a regular schedule helps to stabilize your blood sugar levels.
8. Include protein with every meal. Protein also stabilizes blood sugar, so include a small amount of high protein with each meal.
9. Practice weight management. When combined with regular exercise, even a little healthy weight loss can vastly improve your odds. Overweight people who lost just 5 to 10% of their initial body weight were shown to have reduced their risk of developing diabetes by 58%.
10. Include quality supplements. Make sure you get 200 micrograms GTF chromium, extra vitamin C with bioflavonoids and B complex, along with a complete profile of nutritional health supplements.
That’s how to control blood sugar levels to avoid diabetes. So do it!